Wednesday, April 02, 2008

WTJU and the Dream Pledges

As promised in my last post, here's the playlist for "Dream Babes," which aired this morning as part of WTJU's Spring Fund Drive. I'm going to try some live updating with this, so here's what I've aired as of post time!

6:00AM - 7:00AM
The Paper Dolls - Ain't Nuthin' But A House Party
Petula Clark - Sign of the Times
PP Arnold - If You Think I'm Groovy
Polly Perkins - Young Lover
Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
Lulu- The Boat That I Row
Sandi Shaw - Girl Don't Come
Life & Soul - Bye Bye Baby
Jackie Lee - The Town That I Live In
Twiggy - Over and Over
Judi Johnson - A Way Out
The Orchids - Gonna Make You Mine
The Stockingtops - You're Never Gonna Get My Lovin'
Judi Smith - Leaves Come Tumbling Down
The Paper Dolls - Any Old Time
Jan Panter - Scratch My Back

7:00AM - 8:00AM
Julie Grant - Don't Ever Let Me Down
Barbara Ruskin - Pawnbroker, Pawnbroker
Rosetta Hightower - Pretty Red Balloons
Petula Clark - I Know a Place
The Breakways - My Sacred Love
Dani Sheridan - Guess I'm Dumb
Angelina - Wishing My Life Away
Clodough Rodgers - Come Back and Shake Me
Britt - You Really Have Started Something
Jani Jones - The Time Has Come To Choose
Sylvan - We Don't Belong
Ninette - Push A Little Button

8:00AM - 9:00AM
Jude - Morning Morgantown
Goldie and the Gingerbreads - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat?
Samantha Jones - Do I Still Figure In Your Life?
Lindsey - Lindsey's Song
Twinkle - Mickey
Val McKenna - (Your Mama Said To) Roll On
Samantha Jones - No One Wants My Love Today
Birds of a Feather - Blacksmith Blues
Lulu - Morning Dew
The Stockingtops - You Don't Know What Love Is All About
Bella & Me - Whatever Happened to the 7 Day Week?
The Paper Dolls - My Life Is In Your Hands
Vashti Bunyan - Winter Is Blue
Mally Paige - Life And Soul Of The Party
Cindy Williams - They Talk About Us
Petula Clark - Colour My World


Have you made your pledge yet? I've raised $395.00 so far (once the online pledges are added in, I'll make this a final total).

- And in an unexpected turn of events, two listeners called in to say this music sounded like Shonin Knife! All the tracks I played were recorded and produced in London circa 1963-1967, which was about two decades before Shonin Knife formed. So I'm thinking it's probably more correct to say that Shonin Knife and other Japanese groups sound like 1960's Brit pop -- instead of the other way around.

- Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment