Monday, July 22, 2013

Diabelli Project 005 - 2-Part Invention at the 5th

The Diabelli Project is about offering my flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli,'s music these sketches aren't great. But perhaps there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Well, it took a while, but I finally moved away from starting all my counterpoint at the octave. Not many of these little sketches are in 4/4. It makes the measures too long for my little five-minute exercises. (click on image to enlarge)



Using a single repeating note as a motif isn't anything new -- but it did give some idea on where this might go next. As I was copying this from the original sketch, I could remember -- even after two years -- where I wanted to go next. But you may have other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment