Monday, September 02, 2013

Diabelli Project 010 - Two-part Invention

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This sketch started with a triad, and sort of grew from there. The opening statement is pretty long -- four bars! Which means not much got going before I ran out of time. Still, there's a lot to work with here, I think. I might return to develop this further, someday.


In the meantime, though, you're welcome to develop this piece of music yourself. What happens next? Flex your compositional muscles and let me know what you come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment