Monday, February 10, 2014

Diabelli project 028 - Invention in F

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

One thing to remember about these sketches -- there's virtually no critical filter in place. The goal for me is to keep the creative juices flowing, and so I have to write as fast as possible for about five minutes then stop. What you see in this series is the result. So why post them? Well, I've discovered that if I know they'll be shared, I tend invest a little bit more into them. And making them as good as I can while still writing as fast as possible has helped my development as a composer. Really.


This little fragment I offer to anyone who cares to finish it. Yes, it's in F, but not in F major. F lydian, perhaps? F mixolydian? Is it really in C? That's up to you. Just share your results is all I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment