Monday, May 05, 2014

Diabelli Project 039 - Variations over a ground

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This time I have a ground over which free-form variations flow. Or at least the start of such a piece. The ground starts over in the measure after I stopped. The plan was to have that low G tie over into the first count of the next measure, and pick up the bass from the beginning with the second eighth note G.  (click on image to enlarge)


That's what I intend to do, but what about you? As always, this sketch is offered freely to anyone who's interested in finishing it. Just let me know what the final results are.

No comments:

Post a Comment