Monday, September 15, 2014

Diabelli Project 057 - Violin and Cello Duo

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This sketch was really an outgrowth of last week's string quartet. Not that the material's from the same work, but I was still thinking about strings when I did this week's flash composition. Since I only had to write two voices instead of four, I was able to go a little further into the work, and add dynamics and expression marks as well.


As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, this one's offered freely and without obligation to anyone who'd like to use it as the starting point for their own composition. Just let me know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment