Monday, March 02, 2015

Diabelli Project 080 - Piano Piece in D

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Just a few weeks ago I posted another piano piece in D (see Diabelli Project 078). Like that sketch, this one also isn't especially concerned about staying within a major/minor or even a modal key structure. Rather, the idea is to use D as a destination point, and as a point of reference. (click on image to enlarge)


So what happens next? Does this sketch somehow tie in with the earlier one, or are these the start of two different works? That's for you to decide. As always, this sketch is offered freely to any and all to use as their inspired to. But you know -- I think I'll be revisiting this one myself sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment