Monday, June 01, 2015

Diabelli Project 093 - Piano Piece

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Sometimes the results can be surprising. The whole idea of these flash composition exercises -- like flash prose -- is to spontaneously create under tightly controlled conditions. In the case of the Diabelli Project, I have about 10 minutes and a blank piece of paper. When the clock stops, I don't think -- I just write. On occasion, I have an idea of what type of piece I want to write or what motifs I want to use before hand. Not this time. When time ran out, I had this piano sketch. (click on image to enlarge)





It's quite different than last week's piano piece. And I'm not sure it's part of the same larger work. This one, I think, has a totally different character. But that's just my opinion. What's yours? As always, this sketch is available to any and all who'd like to use it in their own work. Just share the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment