Monday, August 03, 2015

Diabelli Project 101 - Piano Piece

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

It's doesn't take long to create a Diabelli Project flash composition -- the rule is ten minutes max from the moment the pen (or pencil) touches paper. When time's up, that's it. It does, though, take a little longer to make a fair copy of the sketch (and decipher my hasty scribbles). So when I wrote the 100th sketch, I had no idea how many I'd actually done -- it just got added to the pile for copying. 100 would have been a nice place to end the series, but that's not where I stopped.

This week's sketch is another short piano piece. (click on image to enlarge)


Going forward, I'll be experimenting with longer writing times. Is it really a flash composition if I take 20 minutes instead of 10? I don't know -- but I'm curious to see what comes of it. 

As always, this sketch is available to any and all who'd like to use it. Just share the results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment