Monday, October 05, 2015

Diabelli Project 103 - Marimba Solo

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

It's a sad state of affairs when one can't even snatch ten minutes out of a day to jot down some musical ideas, but that's where I've been these past few weeks. This week's sketch is just something for a single line instrument. It would work for violin, but I had a marimba in mind when I wrote it. Perhaps its a continuation of the last installment's sketch? (click to enlarge)


As always, this sketch is freely offered to any and all who'd like to use it. Just let me know of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment