Friday, May 27, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 006 - Field Cross

006. Field Cross
I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

006. Field Cross

Even though this construction set has dowels and grommets, the first twenty or so toys in the instruction sheet just involve stacking the metal parts on each other without securing them.

I'm not sure, but I think I cheated a little when I built the field cross. No matter how I bent the pieces, I just couldn't get them to stack properly. So I ran a dowel rod down through the cross, and that helped to stabilize the structure.

The instruction sheet just has the one image for this toy. Without a back view, I don't know if using a dowel is "allowed" or not.

But it worked.

Even with the dowel running through the lower part of the cross
it still doesn't look all that stable to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment