Monday, August 28, 2017

Diabelli Project 161 - Woodwind Quintet

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's sketch is another for woodwind quintet. The unifying elements in this are the sixteenth/dotted eighth rhythm, and the gapped runs up and down. I also really like the tutti chords that open this sketch. If I were to expand this, I'd develop that thought further.

This is the sixth woodwind quintet sketch I'm written for this series. I think it's time to see if some of these pieces will join together.




As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment